Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Daily Achievements!

Well done @Judi9877 . Buying the car was a huge achievement and a big decision for you.

Today I got up, did a late load of washing, cleaned up after the cat, panicked about losing a folder of financial records but unexpectedly found it long after I'd finished looking, repaired the garden hose unfortunately too late for some of my pot plants, and cooked a slow bean hotpot for dinner.  I sent a couple of emails. Spent quite a while on Facebook and news sites but I need to ration my screen time.

Overall I guess a day of minor upsets but some achievements.

Hi @Dimity  and  @Judi9877 , @TAB , @LostAngel , @Shaz51 

and other visitors to this thread,

@Dimity, I like the way that you present your ideas and information regarding your activities, both here and on your thread "The magic of tidying".

You seem to convey, in an easy to read style, the word pictures of your activities and accomplishments.

The importance of this for me, and possibly for others, is that it sets a mental image of what you do, that I can absorb and apply in my own situation.

Although I am not moving as fast as I would like, the progress that I do make is assisted by you and others, partly by descriptions and partly by the feeling of companionship that I receive, that helps me to accomplish, little by little, the movement in the direction that I wish to go.

My Appreciation and Thanks is extended to you and others who assist me in these ways.

With My Very Best Wishes

@HenryX 

Thankyou @HenryX @Judi9877@Clawde  @TAB for your kind support. It cheers me up.

Hi @LostAngel @Dimity @Shaz51 @TAB @HenryX @Daisydreamer @flybluebird @BPDSurvivor @Anastasia and friends. Thanks very much @Judi9877 for all the tags recently.

This weekend I have been tackling jobs that are not fun, but necessary. So it's good to get them done:

• Cleaned stove extraction fan and replaced filters
  • Tried to rationalise my storage cage (this is a perpetual job but I made good progress yesterday)
  • Did Bunnings & Office works shopping
  • Put defog stuff on my windscreen
  • Sanded my doorstep and did a coat of stain

I am going to reward myself a little by relaxing and reading my book... might fall asleep after all that!

well done @frog  I did range hood on stove after noticed heated up gunk dripping down ha ha was like from a horror movie lol , spent hours cleaning them, should have replaced if had thought to or knew where to get them from lol

I've got an endless list but this morning and this week

worked on a stain in old rug(prelude to getting machine from woolies lol)

tidied up dead shrubs on fron porch were using for kindling (not winter anymore @ Tab lol)

every time do something find 2 more things, will get there one day lol

plus did washing etc but trying to concentrate on actual cleaning things been avoiding forever .. did a few cupboard doors/around handles yest lol

EDIT 

doing spots on walls, cleaning floors on hidden corners of room where things have sat for years, cobwebs etc lol

Today .. did some mental prep for work tomorrow

did the dishes, cleaned stove top and benches, tidied up a bit, got some washing in

just watching tv now, might go to shops later for food, its 33 today, I'd rather stay indoors....

Well done @Judi9877 @TAB @frog @Dimity ✔️

thanks @Anastasia  Cat Happy

Hello @Judi9877 @LostAngel @TAB @frog @Anastasia et al today I faced up to my nervousness about using my laptop and did some work on it. I got a load of washing done and dry. I went for a walk. And I spent quite a while on online bookshops (using my phone) selecting books to be directly mailed to family, but it's unlikely they'll arrive in time for Christmas. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance