Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Daily Achievements!

Green tomato cake, not sure about that one. Do you have a photo of it Frog ?

Hi forumites! Just doing my daily pop in of achievements for me here in forumland! I seem to be making this a routine now which is a positive sign for me and one that I am quite proud of!

@frog well done on the cake! Mixing tomato in it sounds interesting, especially when you said it didn't taste like tomato! I have heard of parents mixing all sorts of veggies in lasagna and spaghetti bolagnese but not cake. I might have to try this sometime!

@LostAngel Well done on your achievements as well. You really are powering along and I line that in you! Keep it up forumite!

My achievements for today have been:

- I did some long overdue Uni study that I had been putting off due to thinking the subject of communication would be hard and therefore, I was struggling in a major way with motivation however, once I started, I actually found that I enjoyed the topic after all.

- I took my cat to my sisters house as we had the plumber come around to look at the stove and the gas leak only to be told he is installing the new stove top tomorrow and therefore, as we aren't meant to have a cat, she had to go on a holiday. We also have an inspection next week so the cat is now on extended respite leave officially for 2 weeks for 'fur rejuvenation!'

- I had dinner of tuna and brown rice which was really yummy even if it sounds plain and boring!

- I filled the car with some long overdue petroleum since the light started to come in the dashboard as I was driving. Yes, I did make it to a petrol station with about 80kms worth of fuel left to spare! 
- I washed my hair and conditioned it and now y hair feels marvellous!

Have an enjoyable night forumites and remember, all achievements matter, no matter how great or small!

Judi9877😎👍

Hi @Everyone - Thank you all for the support ticks and the mentions, every little thing helps to keep on keeping on!

@frog  would love to try a green tomato cake, I've made green tomato chutney, and tomato jam too. Both delicious, so I expect the cake would be lovely and moist. I'm going to look up recipes to see if I can find something. 

@BPDSurvivor  you're really having some great achievements too. 

Today I cooked more Atayif, had some for brekkie with butter and golden syrup.

Made some Anzac Biscuits (what else you gonna do on Anzac Day, hey). 

Cooked vege medley with chicken schnitzel for dinner.

Worked more on my crochet project (after having undone 5 rows of 200 stitches last night 'cos I didn't understand the pattern) while listening to music, the harmonies of which made me cry at the sheer beauty of it. (Pentatonix - Amazing Grace - My Chains are Gone).

Still feeling pretty good again, even though I fell into a depressive hole for an hour or so when some old memories hit me out of nowhere I can identify, so that's something different for me. 

So good to read about how many others are doing the things that are important to them!  

Well done @Last-Lament @Judi9877 ... on your achievements. I am reading along with interest!

Here's the cake recipe. The tomato bit is fiddly, but after the draining stage I stored batches in the freezer and that worked really well.

Green-tomato-spice-cake 

My achievements for the day are:

Did my yoga/stretching

Watered my little courtyard

Sent a difficult email

Keep going gang!

Former-Member
Not applicable

Wow everyone, I'm impressed!!! So many achievers here.
Last 24hrs I
- cooked roast dinner (for son who cancelled)
- forgave my son grr
- separated it all into frozen meals.
- less TV (less triggers)
- sat in sunshine for lunch out back

well done Everyone Smiley Very HappyHeart

hello @Judi9877 

for me today my achievements are 

1) watering mum`s inside plants 

2) afternoon relaxing playing word games on the computer 

Such great achievements from so many people.

My achievements for today are:

1. Had a shower

2. Took dog to the vet

3. Did some washing

Will try to add some more once I pick kids up from school 😛

ohhh I hope Izzy is ok @Snowie HeartHeart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hope the tuna fish wasn't the cats @Judi9877  what with it having to go on extended leave 🙀😹😹 

Hi there @Former-Member @Shaz51 @Snowie @Former-Member @frog @Last-Lament @greenpea @saltandpepper @LostAngel @roses @BPDSurvivor @Former-Member @Daisydreamer and everyone here! Well done for all of the different yet amazing achievements!

Here are mine for today:

- I read 2 uni lectures instead of listening to them as they are transcribed and I find the lecturers voice annoying along with taking down notes

- I visited Spotlight for some cross stitch cottons for a new project I want to stitch shortly

- I survived not having my first coffee until 2:30pm

- I had a shower

- I watched Big Brother on TV.

What did each of you achieve today? Was it fun and relaxing/enjoyable or more for work/study purposes? Maybe you even achieved a simple thing like just getting out of bed? Whatever it is, I'm cheering you on here in forumland🎊!

Judi9877😎🌸🥳

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance