Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Support for long term grief

Thank you @Powderfinger 💙🌿

By "born into a state of grief" I meant a naturally occurring or inherited psychological state or personality trait that causes similar distress to traditional grief, which is caused by a traumatic life event. I hoped grief management techniques could be applied to the former case. In each case, an individual is under distress because they have a vision of a more rewarding life but are unable to achieve it.

"she died, that means you should"
Thats the inner voice that rose up during a grief wave of emotional distress & intrusive memory this morning. Why? I hate it.

I understand @Former-Member  Sometimes my arms physically ache wanting to hold my baby again.

It is a heavy burden we have to carry @Eve7 😢
You know what a dr said to me when she died: "that's why we should have big families, it's not uncommon to lose one or two" 😟 I remember thinking "what's that got to do with it?" Needless to say - he has SEVEN children ;/
Feels like i'm just seeing my days out 'hiding away' so nothing else goes wrong, and hope God forgives my withdrawal, feels I just got nothing left, and don't trust people anyway. I'm shrinking.
Got x3 unknown numbers try call me today, I never answer and they don't leave msgs. So annoying. How do they get my number?
Anyway, thanks for replying. I am sorry your arms ache for your baby 😢 Its just not right,
crying with you 💙🙏

@Former-Member 

Just saw you had tagged me back in November, when my computer broke, and had a couple months offline.  Hope you are doing alright.

Was thinking about grief and looking for somewhere to share this vid

Make Peace with your Grief and See where it Leads You

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYEkdPwFYfI 

Thanks @Appleblossom - I'll have to come back to it later, the YouTube video - (feeling vulnerable and worried it might trigger me) but appreciate you 🙏

20210311-160244_1-01.jpeg

Just can't 'go there's 😢

Self Care first @Former-Member Its only worth looking at it if it will benefit you. I do not want to retraumatise you.  I am working on the "letting it go" re grief from those passed.  I just tagged you in case you wondered why I had not responded back in November.  I was walking on the wild side and an airy garden fairy back then.  Is that even possible?? Aaaah the things we do.

Take Care

Apple

Hsha @Appleblossom
Your funny.
It's all good.
Just tried to ring
SCB but chickened out and hung up. Tried the 'chat' for a while but very robotic and repetative. There really is no help for this. Trying so hard to ride  it out. Brain not working too good. I believe I'm starved of love, and affection too long = death. Kinda fell in another hole.  Nobody notices. It's not real, or is it. Ha, talking rubbish. Not at risk tonight, so...

what you up to? I've gone to bed, watch Home &Away and hopefully sleep better.
'get a life' screaming at me...  condemning... Don't know what's happened this time. Doesn't take much.  It's a foggy slump this one. Cant find  the way up.  Trying not to stress about it, hope it passes soon. Often get down in May so hope it's not that hitting early. Winter Blues or something. You doin' ok?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance