Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Phobia-allies
New Contributor

I just don’t know how to stop

So 6 years ago the hospital killed my 4 yr old son due to hospital neglect, I moved into my dads house after that happened for the last 5 years I'd been fighting the hospital in court not having money to pay for food or anything!!! Now I'm in my own house amd can't stop buying food !!!! Help 

1 REPLY 1

Re: I just don’t know how to stop

Hello Phobia-allies

Your post was nearly a month ago and I was wondering if you had been able to receive any assistance or support.

I understand from your note that your son had died about six years ago.

During the last five years, you have been staying at your dad's house and in part, because of the legal costs, you found it difficult to purchase food and other items you needed.

Now you are in your own house, you are buying lots of food and items and finding it difficult to stop doing so.

It appears that you first have the grief associated with the death of your son. Following that you seem to have had a significant period of privation, meaning that food and other essentials were difficult to purchase or acquire.

There seem to be two losses that you are dealing with, firstly, your son and secondly, a severe and significant strain on your dignity and self-respect. Both of which are very real and important.

It can often happen, I believe, that people who experience tragedy, grief, and loss may try to compensate for losses by acquiring and holding onto items. The person to whom this happens most often knows logically that the acquisition of the food and other items will never compensate them for the very real and more important losses that they have experienced, but the compulsion still continues.

I understand that with the experiences and sustained effort you have put in over the last five years that you may be reluctant to seek support from certain people. However, I do believe that it would be in your interest to seek advice from a doctor, community health nurse, or women's health resource centre.

Discussing with one of those people will, I sincerely hope help you to find the assistance and support that you have asked for by saying “Help”

If you feel that it may be any help to come back to this forum and talk about your circumstances some more, I and the other forum members would be more than happy to assist in any way that we can through here.

With my Most Sincere Wish that you are able to access the help that you are looking for if you haven't already.

With Very Best Wishes

HenryX

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance