Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Newbie

Thanks shaz yes i also go for a run outside but havent felt up to it lately with the dreadful weather and my state of mind.  Hope to start running again soon, i really need it.  Love to get exercise! I was running with park runs on saturday mornings but that stopped cos of covid.  I do enjoy being with people, so sick of doing thjngs by myself.  Friends have left me in the past and i dont know why, maybe im not interesting enough or something, and my self esteem has suffered cos of this. Wish i could find a runnning buddy. Feel free to keep in touch with me, id appreciate it.

Hi 

I m in a same situation with two kids and a husband, but feel too lonely in relationship. I don't have much friends as I cannot pretend always to what i m not . Will be glad to be friends!! 🙂

Hello  @WT28 , @Musiclover @Friendforall 

There are so many beautiful souls here to talk to and relate to 

I am a carer of my adult son with complex mental illness, although I have my demons and dark days so find being here helps. I look forward to getting to know you all Smiley Happy

Thanks.  Feel.free to chat with me or messsge me anytime. 

Hey @Musiclover @Anastasia @Friendforall ,

In the past, I used to envy people with partners and family because I thought I was missing out.  I thought it would be the answer to my isolation and loneliness.

Believe it or not, I'm sort of glad I never got into a real relationship nor had children. I'm finding life so much more fulfilling being able to help others and hang out with who I want without feeling guilty. 

I live on my own and tend to enjoy it at the end of the day. I don't want to grow into some selfish old hag, so yes, I love reaching out to people here and in other places. If I wasnt in lockdown, I'd make sure I dedicate my Fridays to dinners and catch-ups.

Whether you are single or not, contentment comes from within. I come to the conclusion that the grass may seem greener on the other side, but by the time you get to the other side, it's no longer as green as you first thought. I've learnt to cherish every moment whether with other people or without. 

But definitely @Musiclover and others, it would be my joy to hang out with you all! I'd love to have an outdoor buddy and a beach buddy. Boy do I love the beach! Oh, and a gelato buddy.

Catch you later!

BPDSurvivor

I forgot to mention...

@Anastasia , my hat goes off to you. ANYBODY who is a carer should be held in high regard. Your son is so lucky to have you.

BPDSurvivor

Awww, you are very kind, thank you @BPDSurvivor 

It's love that keeps me on track 🤗

Just reaching out to say hi and hoping you are all having a wonderful day 😊

@Musiclover @BPDSurvivor @Friendforall @greenpea @Shaz51 @Shaz51 @WT28 @NatureLover and anyone else passing by ❤️

Dad6
Casual Contributor

I'm new to this to and not sure how to even post something without replying to someones post i suffer paranoid skitzaphrenia and depression and anxiety and stress really plays on my illness im a singe dad of 6 with 5 still at home their all great kids but lost their mum and my soul mate to suicide in 2012 they are still all suffering with the grief and  loss of tgeir mum we are a very tight tribe and love is bountiful but 3 out of 6 hsve attempted suicide in the last 8 years one just last fri my daughter 17yo airlifted to hospital and is ok but the system has let her down every time she has had at least 6 attempts I'm so scared she will succeed which is bound to happen she was let out of hospital the next day with nothing but a referal I don't know how long I've got to get her the help she needs meds are a key part of her recovery but are having tough time getting the right ones for her anyways I could go on and on but just need some support @Dad6

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance