Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Constant panic attacks

Can't decline @Jynx - got a headache and I'm stressed 

Aww that's so rough @Fluttershy1  - take it slow, be gentle with yourself yeah? 

Some rest, minimising light and noise, and drinking plenty of fluids can help ease the pain for you I'd hope. Maybe a nice hot cuppa? 

And I'm not sure why you can't decline, but regardless of any sense of obligation, you ALWAYS have a choice. But I understand if declining would bring further negative consequences. That is super rough. 

@Jynx - would cause more conflict if you get what I mean.

@Fluttershy1  yeah I get you. Hope it turns out to be at least a little better than you're expecting Heart

@Jynx - I'm stressing to many people, got a headache 

@Fluttershy1  Yeah I can get easily overwhelmed when it's too 'peopley' too. My strategies - 

- Headphones: being able to slip off to the bathroom to listen to a song is really helpful

- Pocket-grounding: Something small and sensory, like a fidgety thing, to keep on me to use as needed - you could even have it out but just under the table

- Breathing app: I have one on my apple watch, there'd be heaps in the app store. Amazing what a few deep breaths can do.

Don't be afraid to excuse yourself, and you're always allowed to ask to leave early. What do you think will help you tonight? 

I wanna run and hide @Jynx 

Mm I get that @Fluttershy1 , it sounds rough. Here, a little comic for you Heart

3499F49A-2A2B-463E-BF05-3B081C077CA3.JPG

Lol @Jynx

got a headache that's getting worse

@Fluttershy1  Headaches are the worst Smiley Sad

Not sure what would be helpful, other than the usual things, water, painkillers, and rest. Hope you feel better soon Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance