Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I can’t cope

I did sleep well @Bow. I have to remember that I can’t sleep in in the morning as I have a vet appointment. 

I have woken up with a really sore throat, really cold and aching. Great (yes that was sarcasm!)

How are you feeling today? 

Good morning ☀️

Sounds like illness is really going around right now! 

Do you have much on today after the vet @Captain24 ?

How are you feeling this morning @Bow , any better?

Oh no it sure is going around eh @Captain24 ! After the vet do you have anything in today? Tomorrow? Can you rest up? 

im feeling okish today. Hopefully on the mend fingers crossed 🤞 mum has ordered me to another day in bed though. I can at least talk a bit better today, my voice was terrible yesterday which was really frustrating, could hardly talk. 

Sorry Jett's appointment is tomorrow @Bow @Ru-bee 

I don’t have anything on today. 

Influenza and COVID are going around work at a rapid rate. Hopefully it’s just a cold and neither of those. I don’t have enough sick leave. Plus I have to be careful what I take so I don’t fail another drug test. 

Im thinking a might go back to bed. It’s hard with Jett as I have to carry home to the toilet all the time. 

It’s good you have your mum looking after you @Bow. Im hoping you are getting better. 

Nice to meet you @Ru-bee. Are you comfortable with telling me a little about yourself? 

It's lovely to meet you too @Captain24 I've been slowly trying to start to get to know everyone in this awesome community

Isn't so funny how as soon as someone asks you to introduce yourself you seem to suddenly forget who you are 😅 hmmm things about me, I have 2 cats, I like crafty things and hobbies that keep my hands busy so I can't reach for my phone and scroll endlessly. 

Poor Jett, I hope the vet appointment goes well tomorrow. It's so hard when your pets aren't well

Thanks @Ru-bee you do seem to forget when put on the spot! 

Im a single female in my late forties. I have two furbabies, I think you might say they are a little bit spoilt. Both are long-haired chihuahuas Pixie is 5 and Jett is 8 months old. He had knee surgery a week ago so tomorrow is his post op appointment and is now in the rehab stage. 

I like to do diamond art and lego. I’ve just started an Elvis diamond art. It’s quite large so it will take a while. 

Good morning @Ru-bee  yea I am feeling a little better this morning. 

my support worker has just been here. It was so nice to have another adult to talk to. To unload a little. Feels like I haven’t actually seen her for a while. 

yes @Captain24  it’s nice to have my mum here to care for me, I just hate being told what I can and can’t do! 

Oh wow, I had to look up diamond art @Captain24 it looks like it would take a lot of time and focus

I love things like that. I've been knitting recently and honestly the process of making something often matters more to me than the outcome, although it is lovely to have a new knit, I like things that I can take my time with.

Good to hear you've had some extra support around you @Bow 

I’m glad she came @Bow. I could hear how much you needed it. I hope you feel

a little lighter for it. 

I hate being told what to do! I get my back up straight away and usually do the opposite! I think it comes from being in my own for so long. 

It would just be nice if I had someone here to feed the dogs and take Jett out to the toilet. He is locked in a pen for 6 weeks so we have to take him, he can’t do it himself. He should be toilet trained by the end of this! 

It is very mindful @Ru-bee. I just get in the zone with music on and can usually forget all things. Sometimes it doesn’t work. But I guess that goes with most things. 

I never learnt to knit. When I was younger I thought I’d ask my nan but as I got older I didn’t want to. By the time I was ready nan had to much arthritis in her hands and couldn’t. I don’t think mum would have let me anyway.

I think if there was a knotting workshop out here I would give it a go. 

There is a lead lighting workshop but I’ll be in hospital and I can’t commit to every Wednesday anyway. With my roster I would miss too much. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance