Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: “I don’t need people” state of mind

@amber22, my course plan had to be changed. I do need to start slowly introducing course material. I feel so exhausted, but I at least have an idea of one of the units since I had to defer it last year.

I hope Centrelink is okay with my new course structure, the last thing I need is more stress.

I can always get advice from my GP too. I have light weights at home, but might need to start off with less reps too.

Tacos sound good.

Oh yes, hopefully centrelink is all good with that, that sounds really exciting for you! @creative_writer 

And that sounds good about consulting with your GP first, they will know what's best for you as well 🙂

@amber22 🙂.

I just need to clarify certain things. Still doing six units this year in total.

I don’t know if the increased pain is associated with my psychological state too. I had a really rough mixed episode recently, my body has been aching. I am still sort of depressed, but I suppose it’s not as bad as it was before

Ohh yes I see, is that something that you could bring up with your doctor if you are concerned about it? It might be linked @creative_writer I'm glad it's not as bad as before, but it's still something worth keeping an eye on in case

@amber22, I can bring that up. Stress is linked with inflammation in the body. Though I do find I need to be more careful right now, but it’s definitely not the worst. I was grating the ginger today and my hand sort of cramped and probably got a bit more swollen. I guess I’ll need to find another way to get around ginger right now. But it’s frustrating when it affects simple tasks such as that

I understand how that would be really frustrating. Maybe you can buy pre grated ginger for the time being (it's in the jar), but I get how that would be irritating for you. It's definitely worth bringing up to your doctor, and I hope that something can be done to help you navigate this a bit better and make you feel a bit better too @creative_writer 

@amber22, physical health issues just adds to the mental health struggles. I think MH and physical health are connected. Trauma gets stored in the body. It probably makes a lot of sense to be a migraine sufferer and have these aches and pain after being so hypervigilant for so long. I do need to learn to feel safe again

That does make a lot of sense, I totally agree with you. I am also a migraine sufferer, so I feel your pain with that one!! @creative_writer 

@amber22, I feel as though migraines increases the risk of mental illness and vice versa. Maybe it’s not unusual with migraine sufferers, but I can get really bad sensory overload to the point of migraines

Oh me too! Wow it is so nice to hear someone else that experiences it too, although I am really sorry because I know how bad they are! @creative_writer 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance