Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not Coping

@Glisten regular stuff like writing, relaxation techniques, prayer, watching tv, Haircare and skincare, reading, learning more about myself through self reflection, cooking. What do you do for self care? Totally get it with ADHD and PTSD. I have CPTSD, still get intrusive thoughts even though I know I’ve come a long way. I still have a long way to go. I’ve been getting intrusive trauma thoughts lately

Hey @creative_writer @Glisten @ENKELI @tyme @ArraDreaming 

at the football Carlton are wining. 
I’m yelling @ENKELI 👑👸🏼🌸

@creative_writer oh you poor love big hugs.

Self care, I sauna. I sauna a LOT. I spend about an hour in there.

A neuropsychologist said sweating expels cortisol. So I am very happy about that.

G

@Birdofparadise8 I’m so happy that you are having fun.

Yell your lungs 🫁 out!

G

@tyme thanks sweetie, we've been down staff with a team member on leave and one off with bronchitis. 

I was really tired today but managed to leave by 5.

Hope you've been keeping well my lovely tyme 💐💙🫂

@Birdofparadise8 go the Blues! They are miles ahead of those sucky cats!

Thank you @Glisten 

@hey @ENKELI 

would you believe dad went and bought me an ice cream scoop to apologise. 
how was work? 

Please look after yourself and don't over do it @ENKELI . Are you still having issues with the people at work? Or has it been too busy for the nastiness to evolve?

@Birdofparadise8 Nice - ice cream scoop 😉

@tyme it doesn't get nasty per se, but there is extreme favouritism that goes on. I was telling my brother that when it's just me and one of the girls everything is fine, but when the 2 of them are together they cherry pick the work, leaving me all the work that no one wants to do. I spent 20 years or so answering phones, if I'd known I was going to have to answer calls in this role I may not have taken it. My neck has disc degeneration as it is and having to hold and handset between your neck and shoulder is the worst thing you can do even with a non injured neck. 

I'm going to be asking for a headset otherwise I won't be answering calls and risk it. 

The funny thing is that HR and management are so supportive of me and I like the job. I just don't like being treated like a mushroom or being singled out for mistakes done by another team member.

We'll see how it goes, it hasn't been 2 months yet so things may settle.

@Glisten my desire to be independent and feel safe often prevents me from reaching out for support. I try to convince myself I have no emotional needs.

Sauna does sound relaxing, I’ve never tried it myself. I never knew about cortisol and sweating though it makes sense. Exercise also helps with stress. I hope the weekend is kind to you 💖
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance