Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Daily Achievements!

Well Done  @Judi9877  sounds very insightful.

I hope it goes okay for you

@Judi9877  you have inspired me. Reading your post made me feel better about myself.

Everytime I feel discouraged I will read your post.

G

@Judi9877 well done, Judy

well done @Judi9877 😊

I got stuff done.

Went to work

Didn't drink to deal with feelings of isolation and emptiness.. or stress...

Found this Forum

Well done @RoseBlue  going thru blabbing to GP and next thing you know trying to tackle drinking thing here ..again ..  think not drank 3 of last 4 days now. have a script for something to make me want to do it less. not filled it yet. prob tomorrow.  take it easy. 

have a look around see what looks/sounds right . I am mainly in Good morning!  Everything Music .. just for Glisten ...  and tabalugas 🙂

@Shaz51 

Good on you @Judi9877 👏

From someone with a mental illness and currently studying at TAFE, I have found it very different experience to when I last studied at TAFE. It actually made me appreciate my private provider I did my Cert 3 in Individual Supports (Disability) previously at the different in actually getting work placement arranged by the organisation, the way we were taught was very hands on and by teachers who had worked in the industry for years previously or worked part time still in their choosen field.  We had more support and understanding, more classroom support and just an overall more enjoyable learning experience than my current one.

So well done Judi for not only getting a company to agree to take you on in a placement as that is one of the biggest challenges completing things through TAFE and really needs to be addressed more for placements in higher qualifications.

The whole reason you do a placement is to learn how to put what you have been taught into practice and to be honest a lot of time the companies you go to for these placements , either don't have anyone who really wants to show you the ropes of what is expected on a daily basis or you end up doing a lot of the shitty jobs like cleaning, a lot of learning to clean more than anything constructive lol

There is also a lot to remember with aged care, infection control, bed bathing and dressing, physical moving patients in a safe manner and a lot of the time, they don't actually want to be moved or don't understand why you are trying to help support them.

I lot of people get injured in aged care especially when do a lot of physical movement needed in that role so don't feel down or discouraged with your next placement.

You have got this, you have learnt where you may have needed to work on in your skill development and things that you did well in.  See this as a new start to go over all the thing you have been taught and refresh the information again, this time with a lot more awareness of things to avoid and to protect yourself from any further harm during your placement. 

You should be so proud of yourself for getting out their and showing the welfare officer you can do this.

Shoutout to everyone who had a shower or brushed their teeth. You’re doing great 💞

@Judi9877 @HelloKitty1981 @RoseBlue @Shaz51 @TAB @PinkFlamingo @Bill16 

G

..neither @Glisten  but dug out pushbike and did 2 blocks also did a set of benchpress and lat pulldowns lol  not sure what got into me, thought bike and weights were some sort of outsider art exhibition lolololo....

Sensational performance @TAB that is a HUGE effort! More power to you.

G

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance