Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

JRMum
Senior Contributor

Good morning!

Morning @All 

It's back to Monday 😊

Are you working or studying today?  Perhaps 'living the dream'?

I know we're all fighting the good fight!

Keep your chin up, look for the 'glimmers' in today - those moments that make you feel it's all worth it.  Hold onto them.

What are you grateful for?  Think of 3 things.  I'm grateful for the glasses I'm wearing that allow me to see the computer screen properly.  I'm grateful for the dishes on the drainer, because that means I have had some breakfast this morning.  I'm grateful for the puppies under my desk sleeping, they bring me real joy.

Perhaps you could share what you're grateful for today?

Enjoy your day,

JRMum. 🌄

311379329_3180824382169151_6921233537346362702_n.jpg

17 REPLIES 17

Re: Good morning!

Good morning @JRMum!

It is so nice to see your post.

I am not working or studying today, but I am going to be spending a bit of time working on my next blog post titled "The Power of Human Thought".

Today I am grateful for my amazing friends Kristy, Kylie and Kostas.

Good morning @Jake63 ,

I'm so glad you have the 3 K's to be thankful for!

"The power of Human Thought" sounds like an amazing blog topic.  Do you research, or is it your own thoughts?

One thing that's been pointed out to me lately is that I should talk to myself as if I were a good friend.  Some of the things I say are really nasty!  Not something I would say to an enemy.  My thoughts should be uplifting and affirming.

Helps to make it a good day!

JRMum.

Good morning @JRMum!

So for this particular blog post, I am doing some research. I am finding a lot of useful articles on Google Scholar that talk about autism -- I am on the autism spectrum myself. So I am looking at a lot of peer-reviewed journal articles that talk about autism, depression and anxiety. I am also a person on the autism spectrum that has experienced depression and anxiety. 

However, when you ask is it my own thoughts the answer would also be yes. Where 'my own thoughts' means the post is to a reasonable extent anecdotal: my experience of depression, my experience of anxiety and my experience of autism.

Hi @JRMum and @Jake63 

Lovely to hear from you both.

Today, I'm grateful for my dogs. They bring so much joy.

Also, the quiet after a noisy weekend!

Finally, for my new allergy nasal spray that's helping my annoying allergies quite a lot.

❤️

Hi @hanami!

Speaking of allergies, I only found out on Saturday that I am allergic to codeine. I was unfortunately admitted to hospital on Saturday due to severe stomach pains. Good news is I (and my stomach) are feeling much better today.

Hi @Jake63 That must have been so scary! I'm glad you're feeling better though!!!

Hi @hanami,

Not too scary, the pain was terrible it is true but because I work at the hospital I went to I do not find the hospital to be so frightening any more.

Good arvo @JRMum 😁

I hope you're having a wonderful day!

Bed rest, a bit of volunteer work, some study and a catch up with my GP are on the cards for me today. Seems I have an issue with my brain pressure, only picked up by my recent eye exam! I should hopefully have my new glasses by the end of the week - I'm so grateful for my eyesight right now, I might not have it forever 😕

Good morning, @Ilovepenguins 

How was your day yesterday?  Did you get everything you had planned done?

I've just recently had my eyes retested also, a stronger set were needed.  Should get them soon.  Unfortunately it happens with age 😞

Hope your eyes are ok, brain pressure doesn't sound good.  It's great you had them checked.

Have a great day 🙂

JRMum.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance