Skip to main content

Re: The Ice-Memery

20211201-202700_1.jpeg

@Rosemary4  Love an opportunity to learn new things! 

I think the word is also widely used when referring to the backstory of a character or world in fiction - i.e. The Lord of the Rings has a lot of lore that pre-dates the trilogy (covered in novels like The Silmarillion). This is what came up for me when I saw that meme - thinking of your painful past as part of your backstory that helped make you into the badass main character you are today Smiley Tongue

Thanks @Jynx,
Having some suicidal thoughts tonight. Been a while since I felt compelled to ' just do it'. But I know this is not an emergency or counselling or crisis line. I'll just ride it out.

Ohhh hugs my @Rosemary4 xoxo 

@Rosemary4 thanks for sharing where you're at tonight. We may not be a crisis service but doesn't mean we can't sit alongside you in this difficult time. Do you have a go-to safety plan, and someone you can talk to about how you're feeling? 

You too @Shaz51, was reading you're closer to dialysis. Must be scary, but I've heard the dialysis can make you feel better if nothing else. Getting rid of impurities I guess. Hang in there 💙

@Jynx I don't have anyone to talk to about these thoughts.peoplw panic because of my history.
I'll squeeze some ice and have a cold drink shortly, light some insense and stimulate those five senses. I feel stupid ringing Lifeline etc. Just gotta not act on it.

Silly season upon us I guess. I could get the MH care plan from DR but got buckles getting in to see anyone before February now, Good I can chat her at least. Thanks.

Yeah those waiting lists are ridiculous right now. Glad to hear you're thinking about what your next steps are though @Rosemary4 . 

In future, you can always call the SANE Helpline - we're about to close at 10pm but I know that it's a good option for a non-judgemental ear if you just need a space to talk about the feelings. You could try em tomorrow if you like. 

I believe in you! You will get through this! I am sending virtual hugs and a whole big pile of determination to help you resist the thoughts! 

And I am sending you this pic too (hope it loads okay) HeartHeartEC246105-5C08-477A-97CB-751BD221CFCC.PNG

Haha @Jynx, I really like that meme. Describes how I feel, I got nothing left tonight, really flat. Very isolated. Gotta find a tribe somewhere, somehow.
Haven't phoned the helpline before, will try tomorrow, the red flags are up, I need help 😏