Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not Coping

Thank you @creative_writer 

I feel this time of the sem is easier than the mid sem because exams are after the sem is finished. 

Yes, I am feeling much better; I think I nearly had an asthma attack. @Jynx 

Oh no. How does ADHD make you forget?

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

@Birdofparadise8 umm... I mean I don't know the science of it, but it's to do with deficits in working memory, one of the facets of our executive functions - which are moderately to severely impaired for ADHDers. 

In other words, I struggle to hold information in my mind, which makes it much harder to remember things, and much harder to convert things to long-term memory. For example, I might be midway through a task, go into another room for some reason, and forget that I was working on said task. Or I will lose track of items, even if I was just holding it a minute ago. If someone tells me a piece on info like an address or a date for an event, if I don't write it down immediately I will forget within like 20 seconds. 

Did that make studying hard for you @Jynx 

@Birdofparadise8 I’m doing my final assignments rn. Considering that my attention span is naturally pea sized, you can imagine how stressful it is. Living off matcha to get through it 😅

Oh no. I'm sure you will get them done. Are they essays or something? @creative_writer 

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

Yeah absolutely @Birdofparadise8 it's harder to focus, harder to commit facts to memory, all of it. It's why I am so glad that my uni degree didn't have exams, only essays and prac. I was always really bad at history at school too, could never remember dates or names 😅

Lucky, you didn't have exams. I have three coming up. It might also depend on the course as well @Jynx 

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

Oh for sure @Birdofparadise8. And good luck on your exams!!

Thank you. I have them on the 31st of May, 7th and 14th of June. I get a week to study for each. 

What are you doing tomorrow? @Jynx 

@Birdofparadise8one essay and one scoping review left, already did one essay 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance